Horse Riding Tour in Sri Lanka Tour itinerary - 14 days
Golden beaches, ancient cities, a smiling sun all year around…Explore the paradise in the Indian Ocean- Sri Lanka, with our expert tour guides. Experience the beautiful and phenomenal journey to a wonderful tropical island with a diversity of experiences.
Famous Negombo, historic Dambulla, wonderous Sigiriya, exciting Minneriya, splendid Kandy, breathtaking Nuwara Eliya and charming Galle….
Uncovering the best attractions of the island while pampering you to the nth degree with the best comforts from transportation to accommodation, the tour will show you Sri Lanka like no other.
Discover golden beaches, the bird songs of the many jungles and the colonial treks of the hill country, all on some amazing Marwari and Sindhi horses!!
Day 1 – Airport / Negombo
Upon arrival you will be welcomed by your driver. He will assist you with your luggage and take you to your first destination, Negombo.
The first day of the tour remain unscheduled, allowing you to relax in your oceanside hotel with your partner. If you are interested, there is the opportunity to enjoy a bird watching safari in Muthurajawela lagoon or visit the capital of Sri Lanka, Colombo, during your stay in Negombo.
Day 2 – Negombo, Horse riding point at Anawilundawa
Once you are ready, your driver will take you to Anawilundawa – Chilaw where the horse-riding point situated.
1st Horse riding at Anavilundawa: Migratory birds flock to the Anavilundawa Sanctuary on the Western Coast, but this amazing riding location is already home to over 150 species of local bird life!! Begin your journey of Sri Lanka on this amazing trek through one of Sri Lanka’s wetland site.
Day 3 – Negombo, Pinnawala, Dambulla
- Leave for Dambulla, along the way drop by the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage to pat a giant elephant.
- Proceed your way to Dambulla in Matale district and enjoy the rural farming lifestyle and rich biodiversity of the city.
- Overnight stay at Dambulla.
2nd Horse riding at Dambulla: Listen to the hoofbeats of your mount in the silence of the jungle and village paths… Dambulla calls to you! Discover ancient archeological sites and trek through jungles steeped in history.
Day 4 – Sigiriya /Minneriya/Dambulla
- Have an amazing experience of a morning hike to one of the finest examples of ancient urban planned rock cities in the world; Sigiriya Lion Rock Fortress. This fortress complex includes remnants of a ruined place on the rock with a mind blogging scenery.
- Enjoy an evening visit to the wilderness of Minneriya national park to see the beauty of wildlife in Sri Lanka.
- Overnight stay at Dambulla.
3rd Horse riding at Sigiriya: The Lion Rock rises in the horizon as we travel to one of Sri Lanka’s most popular National Heritage sites on horseback!! Our journey will take us along lakes and through jungles and villages, ending near the entrance of the Lion Rock.
Day 5 – Dambulla, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya
- Travel to Kandy to get immerse in the serenity of the temple of tooth relic after admiring the cultural and architectural brilliance of the place.
- Visit the largest botanical garden in Sri Lanka, Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya where you can snap Insta-worthy photos with colourful flowers.
- Start travelling to scenic Nuwara Eliya.
- Witness the process of making world’s finest tea with a visit to a tea plantation and fill your lungs with the pleasing aroma of tea leaves. On the way, capture the effortlessly flowing waterfalls beside the road.
- Overnight stay at Hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Day 6 –Nuwara Eliya
4th Horse riding at Nuwara Eliya – Explore colonial tea estate and Central hills of Sri Lanka in Little England. This incorporates the Village ride. Nuwara Eliya is currently the horse capital of the island, with the only remaining Race Course.
Day 7 –Nuwara Eliya to Ella by Train
Explore Ella the most famous sight in Sri Lanka. Pass through scenery green tea fields, and tough stretches of rock, and get to see the magical vies of the Little Adam’s peak. Walk over the history seeped nine arches bridge and listen to the story of its constructions. End your hike at the Demodara railway stations with its unique loop-over track design. Thia tour gives you the lifetime experience in the best sight of Sri Lanka.
Day 8 – Yala
On the 8th day of the tour a jeep safari in Yala national park will be scheduled for you. You have the option to choose between a morning safari and an afternoon safari. However, in our experience the afternoon safaris are best when you are traveling with young children, as you have to wake up very early in the morning for the morning safaris. The afternoon safaris take place from 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
The Yala national park is known for its biodiversity. Some of the animals that you may be able to see during the jeep safari are deer, buffalos, mongooses, jackals, water monitor lizards, peacocks, wild rabbits and crocodiles. If you are lucky, you will also see sloth bears and leopards.
Day 9 – Yala / Tissamaharama
5th and final Horse riding at Tissamaharama – Discover wild and archeological treasure in this unforgettable jungle and village ride, near one of the most popular Wildlife sanctuaries of the island – Yala.
Day 10, 11, 12 Tissamaharama to Hikkaduwa
- After breakfast you will proceed to Hikkaduwa. En route visit Blowhole & Stilt fishermen.
- Hikkaduwa is a seaside resort town in southwestern Sri Lanka. It’s known for its strong surf and beaches, including palm-dotted Hikkaduwa Beach, lined with restaurants and bars. The shallow waters opposite Hikkaduwa Beach shelter the Hikkaduwa National Park, which is a coral sanctuary and home to marine turtles and exotic fish. Inland, Gangarama Maha Vihara is a Buddhist temple decorated with hand-painted murals.
Day 13: Hikkaduwa to Colombo
- After breakfast proceed to Colombo to commence a city tour. En route visit Turtle Hatchery Farm.
- Colombo – the capital of Sri Lanka, has a long history as a port on ancient east-west trade routes, ruled successively by the Portuguese, Dutch and British. That heritage is reflected in its architecture, mixing colonial buildings with high-rises and shopping malls. The imposing Colombo National Museum, dedicated to Sri Lankan history, borders sprawling Viharamahadevi Park and its giant Buddha.
Day 13: Colombo to Airport
- After breakfast you will be transfer to airport for the departure.
- Tack with mounted guide
- Water on ride
- 3-4 hours of riding
- All equipment for the horses will be provided by the Riding School.Clients are requested to bring their own personal riding gear (helmets, breeches, boots, gloves etc).
- The riding school has a public liability insurance; however, all clients are requested to have their own personal accident insurance if taking part in horse riding in Sri Lanka.
Complete questionnaire (which has to be completed at the time of confirmation of any ride with riding school)
The rider’s agreement (It is a requirement that a riders’ agreement is signed prior to engaging in any riding in Sri Lanka)
- Rider’s equipment – helmets, breeches, chaps, boots, gloves etc.
- Transportation to and from the riding locations
- Any additional riding other than specified• Extras of personal nature
- Photographic permits at places of interest
- Anything not mentioned above
- Maximum weight restriction imposed on rides is 80kg.
WE'RE READY, LET'S TALK.
Our holidays are built from scratch, so let’s chat through what you’re looking for. Fill out the form and one of our team will be in touch. Alternatively, call / WhatsApp us on +94773960733